Friday, April 12, 2013

Day Of The Triads

I apologize for the short absence from this blog. I was going to do an April Fools blog post, but this whole blog itself is the most unfunny April Fools joke I've seen, so I didn't bother.

Has any one heard about the new Doctor Who episode, Day Of The Triads? Brother Barry told me about it. Apparently, it involves giant tree monsters, like the ones in Lord Of The Rings. While we're on the subject of science-fiction, let's talk about Eastenders. Recent episodes have focused on the upcoming "wedding" between Jack and "Sharon". I think even The Sharon Imposter knew that they would never get married, as she turned up wearing a black dress. Meanwhile Eastenders/The Branning Show decided that they like the formula of having Lauren know a big secret about Max, and the dilemma of whether she should tell her family, followed by a big reveal at Christmas/Any social event for dramatic effect. See Christmas 2007 at the Branning Home. This was before Walford was invaded with even more Brannings, such as Kirsty "Top Hats Are Cool" Branning, and Alice and Joey. Speaking of Joey, this week I really tried to interpret what he was trying to say, as I realised that it could be something really important, but all I heard, was:
Joey: Hi Lauren *mumbles* Where's Alice *mumbles* *indecipherable mumbles* Lauren.

Still, it's progress.
Back in that club that Ronnie And Roxy "Now I'm Written As An Unsympathetic Character So People Will Want Kat And Alfie Back Together" Mitchell/Beale/Cross used to run, Jack and 'Sharon' were nervously getting ready to not get married. I can't even remember what that club is called, so we'll just call it Chez Chez, or The Loft, for convenience. There once was a time when people used to get married in a Church, but apparently, having a wedding in a club is the way to go, now? Of course, the wedding never went ahead, leaving The Sharon Imposter to be consoled by her blonde twin, Tanya. Seriously, when they were wearing their matching (black) dresses, red bouquets, and blonde hair, I thought I was seeing double. 

Elsewhere, in Hollyoaks, Brendan's last week was so good, and the best actors are all the ones involved, Neil Newbon, Emmett Scanlan, Bronagh, Keiron. Now, I am about to share an unpopular and controversial opinion, so if you don't like that, you can stop reading, if you have to. I don't ship Stendan. I know.
Before people start sending hate mail, let me explain. 
Brendan and Ste are both great characters, but I'm just not a fan of them as a couple. I can't really think of specific reasons for it, I've just never been a fan of the pairing. Although, I now see that Ste and Doug didn't really work, but it was funny when Brendan would keep going in the deli to annoy Doug, and practically propose to Ste, but that's just because Emmett is so good at drama and comedy. Ste and Brendan as a couple, however..I've just never liked.

Feel free to correct my opinion over this, as I know there are a lot of Stendan fans. Once again, a gentle reminder: Spam is to be left in the comment box below, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment